
We have a visitor that lives in our garden! Our house is raised, so there are slats that cover the "walls" of the garage. These are breakaway slats in case of flooding. Anyway, one day I pulled into the garage and when I got out, I could see the snake sitting right next to the slat in our garden. I got Derek out right away and showed him the snake. He was very excited. By the time I got over to get Owen out, the snake was gone. It hid under out bushes. We thought we had a snake living in the garden because we've seen some snake holes. So I leave Tim a message that we have a visitor and he should watch out for the snake if he is going to water our vegetables. I told him I thought the snake was about 4 feet long.
Fast forward 1 day and we are out in the garden and Tim sees some of a snake skin hanging from the slats. He started pulling and to our amazement, the entire skin was there. The slats must have given the snake the perfect resistance to molt. So Tim says "hmmm, this does look big". So we took it inside and measured from head to tail and it was 5 feet! It was really cool. Tim later told me he thought I was exaggerating the size of the snake. We both had a good laugh at that. So we look for our friend often, but haven't seen him yet. Although, our Nanny (who is afraid of snakes) saw it and wasn't too happy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment