Thursday, April 3, 2008

Before and After...



So today I took Owen's crib apart and he got a new big boy bed. A right of passage for Owen, but I have to admit, I was a little emotional. It just brought back so many memories of the anticipation of Owen's arrival. "What will he look like? Will he be a good boy? Will we be good parents?" It seems so long ago that we got his crib and painted his room, but it feels like yesterday holding him for the first time and knowing that even though some questions were answered that day, we have a lifetime of new questions and things to look forward too. Sorry to get so sappy, I told you it made me emotional.
Anyway, it is always a guess as to how the little ones will react to something new, and this was a big one. Not only did his crib disappear, but his toddler bed was gone too. In their places are the two new beds. We got bunk beds, but are keeping them separate for now. One day we hope the boys will want to be in the same room, but if not, we won't have to go bed hunting in one year's time for Derek!

2 comments:

Brian and Staci said...

Ohhh, such a time of mixed emotions...but one less baby bed to make! Hated doing that! I think the hardest...or at least one of the hardest things...is not having them confined. I'm always scared he'll decide to get up in the middle of the night and try to come down the stairs. Yikes! He hasn't tried it yet...knock on wood! Brian's in Eerie, PA for a course until Sunday, BUMMER! So, it's just the boys and me. Think we'll plant some flowers, it's finally starting to feel like Spring here! Good luck with the bed!

Alisha said...

What a cute CARS blanket set, I bet Owen loved it! I does seem like yesterday that you and I put that crib together....