Monday, January 7, 2008

Miracles never cease!


So this past weekend was a weekend of small miracles for us. The first one was at Chili's. We often get Owen a grilled cheese or pizza and a side of broccoli which we promptly hide in his sandwich or under the cheese. Well, the other day, Owen was reaching past me and I couldn't figure out what he wanted and he finally said "broccoli". I said "OK" and looked at Tim in amazement. He then said "tree" and took a bite! Then dipped two more pieces in some dressing and ate some more. To say we were pleased is an understatement!

The second miracle happened when Derek was standing at the train table and turned and took 3 steps on his own! He was sure proud of himself and we were proud of him too.

Finally, yesterday at breakfast I looked out the window and there was a perfect rainbow. I quickly got the boys and showed it to them. It was the first time that Owen saw a real rainbow and he really liked it. So, I know a rainbow is not a miracle but plain old physics, but it sure feels like a miracle seeing your children's joy at seeing their first rainbow. He talked about that rainbow for a while.

1 comment:

Brian and Staci said...

Cute story! It's amazing what we as parents get excited about these days huh? Jake is going through what I call "toddler anorexia" stage...meaning if it's not a cheddar bunny, grape, or PB cracker...he doesn't eat it. So, I enjoy knowing I'm not the only one out there who gets excited about when their kids eat something other than the old faithfuls! I'm actually trying out a website...menus4moms.com. From what I can see, or at least what I signed up for..is free. They send you a menu every week (for 5 days) including grocery list and recipes. This is our first week to try it but tonight's dinner was a hit...at least with Connor anyway! If anything, I just need to be better at introducing them to different things and not assuming they don't like ( because I don't, ex..peas...ughhh!) Anyway, sure is a lot of work but a lot of fun!
Have a great week!